LC Natural Health & Beauty Terms and Conditions
Revision Date: March 1, 2016
This Agreement sets forth the legal terms and conditions for your use of the website www.lcnatural.com or any other website controlled by LC Natural Health & Beauty in Canada, any mobile application relating thereto (the "Websites") and for your purchase and/or use of any LC Natural goods or services in Canada. The Websites are owned and created by LC Natural Health & Beauty and supervised by LC Natural Health & Beauty (hereinafter
" LC natural ," " We " or " Us ").
1. Agreement. BY USING ANY WEBSITES OR PURCHASING OR USING ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES FROM LC NATURAL, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE ARBITRATION PROVISION IN SECTION 20 BELOW.
SOME OF OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES HAVE ADDITIONAL RULES, POLICIES, AND PROCEDURES
("ADDITIONAL TERMS "). WHERE ADDITIONAL TERMS APPLY TO A PRODUCT OR SERVICE, WE WILL MAKE THEM AVAILABLE FOR YOU TO READ THROUGH YOUR USE OF THAT PRODUCT OR SERVICE. BY USING THAT PRODUCT OR SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO THE ADDITIONAL TERMS.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT OR TO MODIFY OR DISCONTINUE THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITES AT ANY TIME. IF WE CHANGE THIS AGREEMENT, WE WILL GIVE YOU NOTICE BY POSTING THE REVISED AGREEMENT ON THE APPLICABLE WEBSITE(S). THOSE CHANGES WILL GO INTO EFFECT ON THE REVISION DATE SHOWN IN THE REVISED AGREEMENT.
BY CONTINUING TO USE ANY WEBSITES OR PURCHASE OR USE ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES FROM LC NATURAL AFTER THE REVISION DATE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY SUCH CHANGES.
2. Eligibility. You agree to provide Us with complete and current registration information. Persons under 13 are prohibited from providing personal information on our Websites. If you are under 18, you may only use our Websites with the supervision of a parent or guardian 18 years of age or older. Unless otherwise specified, the materials in the Websites are presented solely for the purpose of promoting products available in Canada.
LC Natural makes no representation that materials contained in the Websites are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Websites from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if, and to the extent local laws are applicable. LC Natural products ordered from the Websites cannot be shipped into another country outside of Canada. Purchase and/or use of any LC natural products or services outside of Canada are governed by the Terms and Conditions of use and other policies contained on the websites specific to each country where they are available.
3. Acceptable Use of the Websites. You are responsible for your use of the Websites and for any use of the Websites made using your account. At LC Natural, our goal is to create a positive, rewarding, and safe experience in connection with our Websites. To promote this goal, we prohibit certain kinds of conduct that may be harmful to other users or to LC Natural. When you use the Websites, you may not:
-Violate any law or regulation;
-Violate, infringe, or misappropriate other people's intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other legal rights;
-Post or share anything that is illegal, abusive, harassing, harmful to reputation, pornographic, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, racist, or otherwise objectionable;
-Send unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or commercial communications, such as spam (additionally, please read our Anti-Spam Policy in Section 15 below);
-Engage in spidering or harvesting, or participate in the use of software, including spyware, designed to collect data from the Websites;
-Transmit any viruses or other computer instructions or technological means whose purpose is to disrupt, damage, or interfere with the use of computers or related systems;
-Stalk, harass, or harm another individual;
-Impersonate any person or entity or perform any other similar fraudulent activity, such as phishing;
-Use any means to scrape or crawl any Web pages contained in the Websites (although LC Natural may allow operators of public search engines to use spiders to index materials from the Websites for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, and LC Natural reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases);
-Use automated methods to use the Websites; attempt to circumvent any technological measure implemented by LC Natural or any of LC Natural’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Websites;
-Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Websites; or advocate, encourage, or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
4. LC Natural Team Mates. LC Natural products and services are sold through LC Natural's network of Managing Team Leaders, Holistic Health Consultants and Pop-Up-Boutique Owners, who are each independent distributors of LC Natural's products and services. Online shopping is fulfilled and sold directly by LC Natural in connection with an LC Natural Team Mate. To purchase LC Natural's products or services, you do not have to become a Team Mate. If, however, you are interested in becoming an LC Natural Managing Team Leader, Holistic Health Consultant or PUB Owner in Canada, please go to our website and fill out your LC Natural Team Mate Application & Agreement. You must be at least 18 years of age to become a Team Mate with LC Natural.
5. Websites. LC Natural Team Mates may have their own Internet websites, generally as part of the LC Natural Replicated Website Program. It is the sole responsibility of each LC Natural Team Mate to ensure that their website content is accurate and that it fully complies with all LC Natural Additional Terms, including without limitation, all applicable federal and provincial rules and regulations. LC NATURAL DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED IN ANY WAY TO INTERNET TEAM MATE WEBSITES.
6. Testimonials. The testimonials reflect the actual experience of each individual, are anecdotal only, and may be atypical.
7. Online Purchases. When you register your account online with LC Natural you will receive an LC Natural identification number ( LC Natural ID ). LC Natural Managing Team Leaders, Holistic Health Consultants, as well as PUB Owners who wish to access account information online will need to establish a password. Please keep your LC Natural ID and password secret. You are entirely responsible for any activity under your LC Natural ID. You must promptly notify LC Natural of any actual or attempted unauthorized use of your LC Natural ID.
8. Customer Product Guarantee Policy. A thirty (30) day money-back guarantee is offered on all LC Natural Products. Customers who are not completely satisfied may return products to their LC Natural Team Mate for a replacement or full refund within thirty (30) days from the customer purchase date (not including shipping charges). Online customer purchases may be returned directly to LC Natural for replacement or full refund within thirty (30) days from the customer purchase date (not including shipping charges). A signed and fully completed Product Return Form must accompany a product return. Please allow four (4) to six (6) weeks for processing. Promotional products and gift items may not be available for replacement, and may, at LC Natural's discretion be exchanged for an item of equal value.
9. Ownership & Copyright Restrictions. The Websites are owned and operated by LC Natural. The Websites, including but not limited to software, content, text, photographs, images, graphics, video, audio, hypermedia items and the compilation as a whole ("Content"), are copyrighted under copyright and other laws by LC Natural or its licensors, unless otherwise noted. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in the Websites or elsewhere. You may not delete any author attributions, legal or proprietary notices in the Websites or elsewhere.
Except as noted in Section 11 below: (1) the Websites may not be used, displayed, copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, uploaded, downloaded, posted, transmitted, mirrored, modified, or otherwise, or in any way exploited for personal gain; (2) you may not redistribute, sell, translate, modify, reverse-engineer or reverse-compile or decompile, disassemble or make derivative works of the Websites or any Content or components that are available on the Websites; and (3) you may not make commercial use of these pages and/or any other webpage or service provided by LC Natural, including redistribution or copying by means; EXCEPT with the prior, express written permission of LC Natural Health & Beauty.
You agree not to interfere or take action that results in interference with or disruption of the Websites or servers or networks connected to the Websites. You agree not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems or networks connected to the Websites.
You agree to promptly notify us of any changes in your email address or your home address by updating your profile online or by completing the Contact Us form on the Customer Service page at lcnatural.com . If you would like a paper copy of the documents sent to you by mail or fax, please send your request in writing to LC Natural Health & Beauty 585 Beresford Avenue Toronto ON M6S 3C2 ATT: Customer Service.
11. Copyright Permission. Permission is granted for viewing these pages on the Internet, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. In addition, LC Natural Team Mates are hereby granted permission to download product images from the Website. People or model images cannot be downloaded or copied due to copyright laws. Copy downloaded or taken from LC Natural literature must be used exactly as printed or written. Changing a word or two may change the real meaning or definition. In the event that information is downloaded from the Websites, the information, including any Content, data or files incorporated in or generated by the Websites are owned by LC Natural and LC Natural retains complete title to the information and all property rights therein. All other rights reserved.
12. Trademarks. All content, product names, trademarks, service marks and logos on the Websites, unless otherwise noted, are wholly owned or validly licensed by LC Natural or its affiliates. Trademarks, service marks and logos owned by third parties remain the property of such third parties.
13. Idea submissions. If you submit any ideas, suggestions or testimonials to LC Natural, We have the right to use your submission without charge in any manner that We deem appropriate, including posting on the Internet. You may only post ideas and material to the Websites if you have obtained appropriate copyright and other permission to post such materials and to permit LC Natural to use such material without restriction. You agree that you will not violate or infringe the rights of third parties, including privacy, publicity and intellectual and proprietary rights, such as copyright or trademark rights.
15. Anti-Spam Policy. LC Natural strictly prohibits the sending of unsolicited bulk email (spam). Spam is defined for this purpose as sending any commercial electronic message to any persons, entities, newsgroups, forums, email lists, or other groups or lists unless express consent has been obtained from the message/email recipient or unless a business or personal relationship has already been established with the message/email recipient. LC Natural also prohibits using false headers in emails or falsifying, forging or altering the origin of any email in connection with LC Natural, and/or its products and services. LC Natural prohibits engaging in any of the foregoing activities by using the service of another provider, remailer service, or otherwise.
IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW IS "SPAMMED" BY SOMEONE WHO IS SELLING OR DESCRIBING LC NATURAL'S PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, PLEASE CONTACT US PROMPTLY SO THAT WE MAY TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION.
16. DISCLAIMER. LC NATURAL DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, COMPATIBILITY, SECURITY, ACCURACY, OR USEFULNESS WITH RESPECT TO LC NATURAL'S PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, THIS WEBSITE, INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE, THE LC NATURAL REPLICATED WEBSITE PROGRAM OR THE LC NATURAL BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY (COLLECTIVELY HEREAFTER, "SERVICE").
THIS SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS." YOU MAY RELY ON THIS SERVICE SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. ADVICE, OPINIONS AND STATEMENTS SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON WHEN MAKING IMPORTANT PERSONAL, MEDICAL, LEGAL OR FINANCIAL DECISIONS. YOU SHOULD CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL TO OBTAIN SPECIFIC ADVICE APPROPRIATE TO YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS AND INACCURACIES IN THE INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIALS THAT ARE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THIS SERVICE. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS, INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR THIS SERVICE. ALTHOUGH WE INTEND TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO PREVENT THE INTRODUCTION OF VIRUSES AND OTHER DESTRUCTIVE MATERIALS TO THIS SERVICE, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT THIS SERVICE OR MATERIALS THAT MAY BE DOWNLOADED FROM THIS SERVICE DO NOT CONTAIN SUCH DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR HARM ATTRIBUTABLE TO THE FOREGOING.
WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING TEAM MATE WEBSITES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY OR FITNESS OF PURPOSE. YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES CONTAINED ON ANY TEAM MATE WEBSITE.
THE FINAL SUCCESS OR FAILURE OF ANY LC NATURAL TEAM MATE DEPENDS UPON HIS OR HER INDIVIDUAL EFFORT. THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES OR PROJECTIONS OF ACTUAL EARNINGS.
17. LIMITED LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, YOU AGREE THAT LC NATURAL, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, TEAM MATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS, DAMAGES, EXPENSES OR COSTS WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SERVICE, YOUR PURCHASE OR USE OF LC NATURAL PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION, YOUR PARTICIPATION AS A TEAM MATE, OR FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY CLAIMS WITH RESPECT THERETO, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACTUAL, TORT, OR OTHER GROUNDS, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR LIMITED LIABILITY OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO NOT ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY APPLY TO YOU.
18. INDEMNIFICATION. YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS LC NATURAL, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, TEAM MATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, EXPENSES AND DAMAGES, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES AND COSTS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THIS SERVICE, SALE OR INFORMATION REGARDING LC NATURAL PRODUCTS, THE LC NATURAL BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCOUNT OR ANY OTHER PERSON'S USE OR ACCESS TO THIS SERVICE BY OR THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT, WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY CLAIMS OF LIBEL, DEFAMATION, VIOLATION OF RIGHTS OF PRIVACY OR PUBLICITY, TRESPASS, AND INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.
19. Governing Law. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to any conflict of laws principles.
20. Arbitration. You and LC Natural agree that we will resolve any disputes between us through binding and final arbitration instead of through court proceedings. You and LC Natural hereby waive any right to a jury trial of any Claim. All controversies, claims, counterclaims, or other disputes arising between you and LC Natural relating to the Service or this Agreement (each a "Claim") shall be submitted for binding arbitration before JAMS
in accordance with the JAMS rules for resolving civil contract disputes that are in effect at the time the arbitration proceeding is commenced. The arbitration will be heard and determined by a single arbitrator. The arbitrator's decision in any such arbitration will be final and binding upon the parties and may be enforced in any court of competent jurisdiction. The parties agree that the arbitration will be kept confidential and that the existence of the proceeding and any element of it (including, without limitation, any pleadings, briefs, documents, or other evidence submitted or exchanged and any testimony or other oral submissions and awards) will not be disclosed beyond the arbitration proceedings, except as may lawfully be required in judicial proceedings relating to the arbitration or by applicable disclosure rules and regulations of securities regulatory authorities or other governmental agencies.
This arbitration agreement does not preclude you from seeking action by federal, provincial, or local government agencies. You and LC Natural also have the right to bring qualifying claims in small claims court. In addition, you and LC Natural retain the right to apply to any court of competent jurisdiction for provisional relief, including pre-arbitral attachments or preliminary injunctions, and any such request shall not be deemed incompatible with this Agreement, nor a waiver of the right to have disputes submitted to arbitration as provided in this Agreement.
Neither you nor LC Natural may act as a class representative or private attorney general, nor participate as a member of a class of claimants, with respect to any Claim. Claims may not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis. The arbitrator can decide only your and/or LC Natural's individual Claims. The arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated.
If any provision of this Section is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then that specific provision shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed, but the remainder of this Section shall continue in full force and effect. No waiver of any provision of this Section will be effective or enforceable unless recorded in writing signed by the party waiving such a right or requirement. Such a waiver shall not waive or effect any other portion of this Agreement. This Section will survive the termination of your relationship with LC Natural.
THIS SECTION LIMITS CERTAIN RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO MAINTAIN A COURT ACTION, THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL, THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY FORM OF CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE CLAIM, THE RIGHT TO ENGAGE IN DISCOVERY EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN APPLICABLE RULES OF ARBITRATION, AND THE RIGHT TO CERTAIN REMEDIES AND FORMS OF RELIEF. OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU OR LC NATURAL WOULD HAVE IN COURT ALSO MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION.
21. Waiver. No delay or omission by either party here to exercise any right or power occurring upon any noncompliance or default by the other party with respect to any of the terms of this Agreement shall impair any such right or power or be construed to be a waiver thereof. The terms and conditions of this Agreement may be waived or amended only in writing and only by the party that is entitled to the benefits of the term(s) or condition(s) being waived or amended. Unless stated otherwise, all remedies provided for in this Agreement shall be cumulative and in addition to and not in lieu of any other remedies available to either party at law, in equity, or otherwise.
22. Unenforceability. If any provision of this Agreement or any word, phrase, clause, sentence, or other portion thereof should be held to be unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then provided that the essential consideration for entering into this Agreement on the part of any party is not unreasonably impaired, such provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render this Agreement as modified legal and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted under applicable laws.
23. Conflicts. If at any time you have agreed or agree to the LC Natural Team Mate Application & Agreement, to the extent of any conflict between the terms of the LC Natural Team Mate Application & Agreement and the terms of this Agreement (including, without limitation, any conflict with respect to dispute resolution terms), the terms of the LC Natural Team Mate Application & Agreement shall apply and control.
24. Notices. You may contact us by writing or calling us at the address and/or telephone number listed below:
LC Natural Health & Beauty 585 Beresford Avenue Toronto ON M6S 3C2
firstname.lastname@example.org (416) 569-6296
Or you may complete the online form on the Contact Us page at lcnatural.com
PLEASE PRINT A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR YOU RECORDS AND PLEASE CHECK THE WEBSITES FREQUENTLY FOR ANY CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT.